I am doing Perks Coffee on Quinpool mostly because I worked there. I know that these bathrooms are, on a regular basis cleaned fairly thoroughly so I may have a biased opinion on the subject. However, I still feel as though I need to share.
The first thing anyone will notice when they walk into the hallway is that on both the men and women's doors there is a sign saying and I quote: "Key's available at front for Perk's Customer's Only." Notice the grammar? Horrific. I want to rip the signs down every time I see them. Anyway moving on. So clearly you need to be a customer to obtain the key. I know this can be a little bit of a piss off, but when you are the one cleaning up everything that comes out of both ends off the floor in the men's on a regular basis because every Tom, Dick and Harry can go in without a key, you thank God that they installed locks on the doors.
Both bathrooms sport the same utilities with the added urinal in the men's. Both toilets are for the most part, fairly spotless. Cleaned and maintained fairly well. The sinks are a different matter. Because of a bad investment the porcelain in both sinks are starting to wear down considerably and now show rough grey spots. The taps are of poor quality and the heat control with the tap water is lack there of. You either burn your hands or freeze them. There is by no means any happy medium.
The men's bathroom sports and older model hand dryer that works really well. With the added wear and tear that comes with most things, the dryer is stained and worn. The women's having a newer model hand dryer....doesn't work. I mean, technically it turns on, but unless that dryer is one of those dryers that blasts 100km/h winds onto your hands to super dry them in 4 seconds, this lack of time on the dryer is useless. So therefore Perks employees resorted to having paper towel handy.
As for decor, there is something to lack. With its small grey tiles on the floor, black re-painted door and unfortunate yellow ceiling, I often feel sad walking into these bathrooms. The only other sort of decor going on in the bathrooms is the slight graffiti that comes up every once in a while.
Supplies are well endowed. With its mega rolls of toilet paper that are two-ply and the big soap dispenser, it would be a very long time before you run out.
The biggest issue I have with the women's bathroom is the fan. Because of a poor installation, the fan rattles intensely that you often can't hear if someone is knocking on the door.
The biggest issue I have with the men's is the smell. The constant smell of stale urine is enough to put anyone off their dinner. And believe me folks, I, as well as the others have tried very hard to get that smell out of the men's. Nothing is going to do it.
The only thing I would suggest for the bathrooms are baby-changing tables. Time and time again we get customers coming in with their little ones only to find out that there are no baby-changing tables. So those of you that have little kids, don't go to Perks on Quinpool Road to change your child.
Final Grade: B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment